About Dr Rabindra Narayan Singh
Hon. Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon of Anup Institute of Orthopaedic & Rehabilitation, Hon. Chairman of Ethical Committee, AIIMS, Patna.
Dr. R.N. Singh is a Chief Orthopaedic Consultant at Orthopaedic Centre Complex AIOR, Kankarbagh, Patna and has amassed a wealth of experience during 40 years of his medical career. Dr. Rabindra Narain Singh is a super-specialist in orthopaedic surgery qualified from University of Liverpool, England.
Dr. R.N. Singh, whose specializations are in Orthopedic Surgery, Joint Replacement Surgery and Knee Surgery has performed a large number of surgeries including Total Knee Replacement (TKR) and Total Hip Replacement (THR) Surgeries making him one of the most popular orthopaedic surgeons and considered as the best orthopedic surgeon in Patna, India. He has a brilliant academic career and lots of achievements in the fields of Orthopaedic practice.
After obtaining his MS Orthopaedic Surgery from PMCH in 1976 he proceeded to UK for higher studies. He did his FRCS from Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburg in 1978 and M. Ch. (Orth.), from Liverpool in 1981. During his advanced training in UK he had the opportunity to work with top Consultants of the country. He worked in various capacities in different British Hospitals. He was associated as Senior Registrar with Wrigtinton Hospital, an internationally acclaimed Centre for Joint Replacement Surgery.
In 1982 he returned to Patna to serve his motherland. Since that day he has been serving people with his extensive knowledge and experience by creating ANUP MEMORIAL ORTHOPAEDIC CENTRE.
Dr. Rabindra Narain Singh MBBS, MS. Orth | FRCS (Edinburgh) | M. Ch. Orth (University of Liverpool, England) | FIAMS (IMA Academy of Medical Specialists)
Awards and Recognitions:
Dr. R.N. Singh is a recipient of Padma Shri award from the Government of India, which was bestowed him, in 2010, for his services to the field of medicine.
Awarded “PADMASHRI AWARD” in 2010 by Smt. Pratibha Devisingh Patil, President of India at Ashoka Hall, Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi
Youtube Link of PADMASHRI AWARD
He has also been awarded with several other awards such as:
Other Awards Received
PATNA SHREE (1989)
Awarded by Rajendra Prasad Pratibha Anveshan Parishad, Patna Bihar
SAHASI PURUSH SAMMAN (1995)
SAHASI PURUSH SAMMAN by Vir Kunwar Singh Sansthan conferred by HE Governor of Bihar Sri A. R. Kidwai
SEVA PURUSHKAR (2001)
SEVA PURUSHKAR Awarded by NIRMAN a voluntary organization affiliated to Nehru Yuva Kendra, Government of India, awarded by Sri Shyam Rajak, Ex-Minister, Government Bihar
Honoured by IMA Annual Conference by Sri Nitish Kumar, Honourable CM, BIHAR
Awarded Gold Medal by Sri R. L. Bhatiya, Governor of Bihar for excellent services rendered to Bihar Chapter of Indian Red Cross as Lifetime Achievement Award
RASTRIYA GAURAV AWARD (2009)
Awarded RASTRIYA GAURAV AWARD by Sri R. L. Bhatiya, Honourable Former Governor of Bihar in July’ 2009
Awarded by various citation
Bihar Orthopaedic Association
Indian Orthopaedic Association
Associations of Surgeons of India
Free Patronage for Slum Children
Running a Free School for slum children at own residence “PUSPANJALI SHIKSHA KENDRA” for those who cannot attend school due to various reasons.
Believing in extending a helping hand to fellow humans, he has also been a member of over 7 social associations and foundations.
Bihar Netraheen Parishad
- Member Rotary Patna Mid Town since 1985
- President Rotary Patna Mid Town (1990-91)
- Asst. Governor Rotary Dist 3250 in 1999-2000
- Conference Chairman 1991-92, 1997-98
- Chairman, Rotary Foundation Dist 3250, 1994-95, 2002-04
- Chairman, Rotary Polio Plus Committee Dist 3250, 1991-2001
- PAUL HARIS FELLOW, Rotary International
- Major Donor, Rotary Foundation
- As Rotarian Free Corrective Surgery done at Anup Memorial Orthopaedic Centre on regular basis on the recommendation of different Rotary clubs of Bihar & Jharkhand
- Organization of different camps of disabled & free distribution camp of Artificial Limbs & Appliances
Bihar Kusth Seva Sangh
- Has been associated with this organizationsince 1990.
- Has served this organization in various capacities presently as Vice President.
- Apart from taking up of different programs for uplift of blinds, this organization runs a School of Blind Girls at Patna.
Bir Kunwar Singh Sansthan
- Presently President of the association working for Leprosyeradication in Bihar, taking part in public awareness programs.
- An NGO involved in social works, sports & Culture program for youth and free health checkup & investigation for poor.
- Working as President of the Association at present
Dr. Shiv Narain Singh Sports Foundation
- Actively involved with this organization, which runs an Orphanage situated at Rajendra Nagar, Patna. Also has adopted one girl for higher education
TCI Artificial Limb Centre
- As Patron in chief of this body, he has been involved in organizing All India level sports tournaments for encouragement to young sports persons of the state
Also running a Free School for slum children at own residence, "PUSPANJALI SHIKSHA KENDRA" for those who can’t attend school due to various reasons
- As consultant has helped more than 10,000 patients for fitting of artificial limbs and done more than 500 free operations of deformity of legs in poor people. HE Sri R. L. Bhatia, awarded appreciation award & presented Rs. 1 lakh for the centre.
Golma General Hospital
Has established a Rural Hospital in his native village known as Golma General Hospital with 100 bed capacity where regular outdoor & indoor services are provided. This centre is located 28 km. from district headquarter Saharsa.
Centre is recognized by Kasturba Medical College, Sewagram, Wardha, Maharashtra as official Rural Training Hospital.
Centre is linked with AIIMS, Patna as a Distance Telemedicine Centre which was inaugurated by its Director in January 2016. The hospital has 22 Acres of land & has plan to have a medical college. (The project involves approx. 150 Crore of investment)
Multispecialty Cancer Hospital “Savera”
Has started to build a Multispecialty Cancer Hospital “Savera” in Patna for Cancer Patients with an investment of Rs. 50 Crore. The foundation stone of the hospital was laid down by Hon’ble Governor of Bihar HE Sri Ram Nath Kovind on 21st January 2016.